- A Cry From the Depths
- Your Spiritual Journey: A Straight Line or a Series of Circles?
- Holy Week and Politics
- What Does It Mean To Be An American?
- Looking For Light
- A New Year: Walking With God
- When Government Believed in the People: the WPA
- Is The End Nigh?
- Endings and Beginnings
- A Surreal Time
- The Triumph of the Feminine in Shakespeare
- The First Will Be Last
- The Eye of the Storm
- The Courage to Live
- Awe, the Missing Ingredient
Category Archives: Psalms
Psalms 130 and 131 are a beautiful duo. The first is a cry from the depths and the second is an answer from the heart. Most people remember Psalm 130 as the haunting music “De Profundis” from the movie “Sixth … Continue reading
Terrorist attacks and mass shootings bring to the foreground a high level of existential fear that hides in the shadows. Politicians like Donald Trump play to the fears of the crowd with great bombast. The news media fill the airwaves … Continue reading
A shift of perspective frequently happens in the Psalms, the beautiful poetry of the Hebrew Bible. The writer will describe the misery of his situation and ask God’s help but at the conclusion will imagine that help has already arrived … Continue reading